Wednesday, October 08, 2008

People I Like

Today it was my job to fetch lunch for people at the office. I went for Teriaki. While I was waiting I noticed two soldiers eating lunch there. I don't know what branch of the military they were in because I generally don't pay attention to that sort of thing -- in fact, I am against all war. One of them was a black woman and the other was an asian man who looked hawaiian. I could tell that the black woman was an officer by her uniform and she was decorated. I was wondering what she did to earn those decorations when one of the customers waiting for his to-go order received it. He began walking toward the door and before he left he turned and politely interupted the converstion of the two soldiers, shook their hands and thanked them for their service. I don't know why but this brought a tear to my eye. And I could tell that the soldiers really appreciated the thanks too.

I like people who are thankful.

Next: People I Like

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home