Sunday, March 23, 2008

Those Tricky Credit Card Companies

It seems that credit card companies are in the business of screwing people over. They do this in a lot of ways but I am just going to mention one of them.

Have you noticed the way they have a place for you to sign your name on the slip used to pay your bill. Some people sign it without bothering to read the fine print. If they sign they get automatically enrolled for credit card insurance. This basically tacks another 9.95% expense on to the credit card.

One day I decided to write "Tricky" in place of my signature and they signed me up for the insurance. Grrrr. I called them up and complained and got my money back. I was kind of hoping that they wouldn't reimburse me though; that way I could haul them into small claims court and waste their time and money.

Maybe we should start a "tricky" campaign against the credit card companies. And get them to remove that tricky signature line from billing slips. Can you spell "tricky"?

Hey you know what's funny. I bet some of those credit card companies are advertizing on this blog entry. You know what's not funny. You may have accidently signed your name on a billing slip months or even years ago. Maybe you should go check your billing statement.

Credit Card Companies Evil Tricks

20 Sneaky Credit Card Tricks

2 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, March 23, 2008, Blogger Weight Loss Warrior said...

nice i might have to try that

 
At 10:56 PM, March 26, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another good website on small claims filing and attorneys can be obtained on www.civiltree.com. I recently filed mine through them. Good help!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home