Thursday, March 20, 2008

People I Like

One of my hobbies is listening to talk radio. I listen to a lot of shows hosted by people with all sorts of opinions. By far, the talk show host I like the most is Dave Ross. I live in the Seattle area so I listen to him locally, but his show is also available over the internet. I like him because he treats every one who calls into his show with respect. It doesn’t matter whether the caller agrees with Dave or not, is complementary or insulting, is intelligent or nuts – every caller gets treated with respect. The way that respect is shown can sometimes be subtle. Dave shows respect to callers by truely listening to their point of view; and when he disagrees he does it without demeaning the other person. You could say that listening to what others say is one of the best ways to show respect.

I like people that respect other people. Some people say that respect must be earned and I don’t agree with that. Respect should be freely given – honor or dishonor is what needs to be earned.

Next: People I like

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home