Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Before You Quit Your Job

For Christmas I bought myself one of Robert Kiyosaki's books on tape: Before You Quit Your Job. I have to say I enjoyed reading his book Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Even though it was mostly hype I did learn some things and I found the book easy to read and entertaining. However, Before You Quit Your Job sucks. Don’t waste your money. Most of the book is dedicated to not so subtlety marketing his board game Cashflow. What you can actually learn from the book can be condensed into a few pages of information.

Though somewhat unrealistic, I think Cashflow 101 is fun and worth the money as an educational tool. Cashflow 202 sucks and basically teaches unwise investment strategies.

2 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, January 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What you can actually learn from the book can be condensed into a few pages of information."

I've noticed that these days a lot of books, also many TV and radio programs that are supposed to be informative, are like that.

 
At 11:48 PM, August 14, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cashflow 202 is very very annoying. Every roll i get new expenses like boat, or house on the beach. That is very stupid! When I have no positive cash flow why would I do that :/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home